Child Inspired Presents...
Family-centered workshops provide education to childcare centers, preschools, health care providers, caregivers, and families on various aspects of child development and therapeutic practice. Scheduling of workshops can be flexible based on the hours of operation of the organization/center and/or the scheduling needs of working families. Evening hours are available. A single, 60-minute workshop can be scheduled with the Child Inspired team on a mutually-agreeable date, or a series of seasonal or themed workshops can be arranged as well. Workshops are approximately 60 minutes in length, and Child Inspired staff is happy to follow all Covid precautionary measurers set forth by the agency/location. If there is a topic of interest not listed below, please feel free to contact us to discuss further. If you are interested in hosting a Workshop or Workshop Series at your childcare center, preschool, agency, or organization, please contact Katie Burris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Early Childhood / Play
- Developmental delays & Early Intervention
- Age-appropriate play skill development
- Sharing, Turn taking & reciprocal play
- Teaching your child to play independently
- Creating and maintaining daily routines
- Creating a visual schedule
- Learning through music/songs
- Preschool/Kindergarten readiness
- Growing your child’s attention span
- Purposeful Play
Occupational Therapy (Fine motor/sensory)
- What is sensory processing/SPD?
- Sensory processing & Autism
- Sensory processing & its impact on school
- Sensory processing & its impact on attention
- Sensory processing & picky eaters
- Sensory exploration & sensory bins
- Creating a Sensory Diet
- Heavy work for energetic kids
- Age-appropriate fine motor milestones
- Breaking down feeding milestones
- Fine motor development: Preparing for school
- Why does my child hit/bite?
- Creating effective sleep routines
- Potty training
- Getting along with my siblings
- Expressing feelings without aggression
- TEMPER TANTRUMS!!
- Successful transitions
- Time-Out and Consequences
- Why is my child withdrawn? Early signs of ASD
Speech & Feeding
- Baby Talk: The Importance of Babbling
- Simple Sign Language for Baby Communication
- Nonverbal Communication: Eye Contact & Gestures
- The Power of Providing Choices
- Articulation: sequence of acquiring speech sounds
- Purposeful Play: Fostering language production
- Why is my child such a picky eater?
- Introducing new foods
- Transitioning from purees to solids
- Why won’t my child take a bottle?
- Transitioning from bottle to cup
Sample Workshop Series: "Tools for Tots"
Creating Sensory Bins
Looking for ways to keep your child busy indoors as we approach the colder weather months? Sensory bins are a fun, hands-on activity to activate the senses and keep your child engaged in seated activities!
Sharing & Turn Taking
Is your child hesitant to share and take turns? Struggling with the "mine, mine, mine" phase? Learn about the stages of play in your child's development, and let us give you some tips on how to boost your child's play skills!
The Power of Providing Choices
Allowing your child to be a part of the decision-making process empowers them to effectively communicate to get their needs met, cutting back on temper tantrums and making transitions smoother. Let us walk you through the when, why, and how of this great developmental strategy.
We understand... the struggle is real! Let us walk you through the steps of development leading up to potty training and give you a fresh perspective on how to tackle this challenging task.